Monday, April 8, 2013

Eureka!

I'm home from work today.  Uber boss met me at the door this morning to report that we had zero network connectivity.  This makes working hard: no phone, no email, no internet, no files.  Hmmm.  I cleaned up from Saturday's class and we chit-chatted a bit.  I don't think either of us was very disappointed when it was decided that we wouldn't stay.  I do feel bad for the folks who had to stay in the building with nothing to do.  
This presents me with a great opportunity to clean house and prepare for new window installation tomorrow.  It's now 3:30 pm and I haven't done a darn thing!  I'm so annoyed with myself!  Maybe I just needed a quiet day at home, alone.  
I don't think the window installation is happening tomorrow, anyway.  We've been going around and around with the window guy, always some excuse.  I called him today to ask that he figure out a way to get this job done and call me back tonight with a day and time for install with a personal guarantee that it will be done correctly.  I found myself using some of the training (7 Habits, Crucial Conversations) that Uber Boss insists that we get.  After I had calmed down a bit and that realization hit, I felt like yelling Eureka! The other Eureka! I experienced was not giving in to stop for fast food or to pick up that pint of ice cream while I was at the store.  At that time, I was feeling the frustration, but hadn't yet called the window guy and was getting very nervous.  Usually, I would've done both: ice cream and fast food and had a good binge session before going through with the ugly task.  But this time I made the right decision.  I even checked the Zumba! schedule to see if I could get a workout in this afternoon, but there isn't one scheduled.  I would walk in the neighborhood, but my ankle is already bothering me and would only result in more pain later on.  Think I'll just continue to veg on the couch!  


No comments:

Post a Comment